Friday, May 4, 2012

Seriously?!?!

So, since we were sent home from the hospital last Wednesday, I had to go in for the standard check-up this afternoon. I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't have to. I was hoping that those contractions I was having at regular intervals last night would turn into something significant. They didn't. They just made me uncomfortable every few minutes for about five hours and then quit on me.

Anyway, the doctor wanted to do a stress test on me, something I've never done before. It's just where they hook you up to the monitors and listen to the heartbeat and check for contractions for about 20-30 minutes. They also had me push a button every time the baby moved, in order to monitor his "kick count." Of course, during the test, the baby decided it was nap time and hardly moved at all. However, once Joseph got me laughing really hard (which was funny because my laughing registered as really jumpy contractions), it woke the baby up enough that we finally got the results the doctor wanted to see.

My doctor also wanted to check the baby with the ultrasound machine again to make sure he's positioned where he's supposed to be.

He breech. Again!

This time his head is on my left side. Last week his head was on my right side.

Ugh!

This time the news isn't stressing me out like it did last week. I'm not sure why. Well, actually I'm sure it has to do with the assurance I've gotten from my personal prayers and the blessings Joseph has given me.

So, tomorrow we're going into the hospital again. If he hasn't flipped heads down on his own, we'll do the external cephalic version (not an aversion, like I thought it was called before). After that, we're definitely going to induce.

I just want to mention how grateful I am for all the thoughts and prayers that have been said on our behalf. I feel extremely blessed to have such wonderful and faithful family and friends who are hoping for the best for us.

For now, I ask you to pray that I don't go into labor tonight and that this baby will turn back to where he's supposed to be.

Next post will definitely be the one that introduces our new little baby. I can't believe what a little stinker he's being right now though.

1 comment:

Kristyn Elise said...

Oh you! Good luck! I will be sending such good thoughts and vibes your way!