Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Last Baby Update... Hopefully

Well, I guess we'll start with the good news again.

I was scheduled to go into the hospital this afternoon to check on the baby. When I had spoken with my doctor on Monday, she said that I should probably plan on staying there and having the baby. Because of all the possible scenarios, it was more likely that I would either need to be induced or have a c-section.

I was stressed. I was hoping my sister would be here to help with the kids by the time the baby came, but she wasn't flying in till the next morning. My friends totally stepped up, though, and we made plans so that the kids would be taken care of while I was at the hospital.

We received the best news ever though: the baby had flipped back to heads down and that last ultrasound I had turned out to be a huge error and the baby is weighing in at a bit over 7 lbs. We got to go home and now we just get to wait till the baby makes his appearance on his own. It was not the news I was expecting, but it was the best news we could have received. I'm so relieved. I've been super stressed since Friday.

So, the bad news is that I'm still pregnant and the kids, who were expecting a new brother by now, have to wait for a while longer before they can meet him.

When we picked the kids up from our friend's house, Akiko got in the car, saw me, smiled, saw the empty car seat, and her face fell. She asked where the baby was. I told her. She started bawling. Not the reaction I was expecting.

I found out later that she had had kind of a bad day. We did explain to her that it's better if the baby comes on his own than if they were to induce me or cut me open. I think she felt better about that.

So, now we wait. Next time you hear from me, we'll have a baby to introduce to you. Till then...

4 comments:

Helen said...

See... that little nipper was paying attention.

Brady Bunch, Iowa said...

Glad to hear that he flipped. and that you won't have to have a c-section.

Andrea said...

So glad for you! You will be on my mind and in my prayers.

shaunita said...

Good luck with the big day. your pregnancy has been pretty stressful, so maybe the birth will be a piece of cake:) Here's hopin'!