You know that feeling you get when you look at your child and you think,
Good heavens! My child is [insert number here] old already? I mean, I did that just a few weeks ago when Akiko turned 7 years old. Then I did it again a couple days ago when I looked at Simon and realized how much of his newborn-ness he's already lost. I'm going to do it again in a few weeks to Asher when he turns 2.
So, Simon is three weeks old now. Last week, I took him in for his two week check up. He'd already gained 1.5 lbs. and grown an inch. Our pediatrician was impressed that Simon had gained that much weight on just breast milk. He'll be moving from newborn to size 1 diapers this week. Awww! They just grow so fast, don't they?
That newborn stage is so fleeting. Simon has lost his newborn puffiness and splotchiness. He's sleeping less and staying awake more. His newborn clothes are getting tight on him. He's getting chubbier all around. But most importantly, he's getting cuter and cuter every day.
So, how am I doing? Well, I'll tell you what, those c-sections are a lot harder to recover from than a regular delivery. I mean, Chelsie warned me that it was going to be harder, and told me what I was in store for, but I had no idea what to expect physically.
The first week was the hardest, but I was in the hospital for most of it and had lots of help from the nurses. Basically, you can't use your core muscles (i.e., your abs). In order to get around, you have to figure out how to manipulate all your other muscles to compensate for the lack of use of your abs. They get sore really fast.
Day 10 was when I finally started to feel well enough to get around and do little things around the house. I'd get tired really quickly though. But little by little, I get stronger and less sore every day. Coughing and laughing don't hurt so much anymore, but sneezing is still the pits.
I'm so grateful to my sister and my mom for coming out and helping us for the last three weeks. My completely awesome and amazing visiting teacher also set us up with dinners from the Relief Society. You ladies are the best!! I'm so lucky to have such a great support group around.
There's not a whole lot more to say. We aren't going out on any exciting adventures for now. Besides, Akiko still has three weeks of school left. I mean, who wants to read about how often I feed and burp the baby and change his diapers?
And now, without further ado, here are some more pictures from the last few weeks:
 |
| Looks like Simon is doing "Itsy Bitsy Spider." |
 |
| Hey there cute guy! |
 |
| Yawn! |
 |
| I have no clever caption for this one right now. |
 |
| Asher sandwich! |
 |
| Asher is crazy about "Bee-bee Dy-men." |
 |
| No pictures please. |
 |
| Asher loves to entertain himself with the baby. |
 |
| Who can resist kissing those little toes? |
 |
| Seriously, super crazy about his brother. |
 |
| Look who's sitting! Okay, he's propped in the corner. |
 |
| See how he's starting to chub up. |
 |
| Hello Baby Simon! |
 |
| So far, he's got blue eyes, like Asher. And no eyebrows. Those are just the shadows of his brows. |
|
 |
| Akiko always finds opportunities to give the baby some love. |
 |
| I love that look on her face. Pure love. |
 |
| I don't want to exclude my older children. Especially this handsome guy. Love. This. Boy. |
 |
| This is a face Asher gives us sometimes when he sees the camera pointing at him. It's his version of "The Face." |
 |
| Beautiful girl. In her new sweater that I just finished today. |
3 comments:
you have a beautiful family! I love the sweater you made for her. Makes me sad when I think too "Morgan is going to be 9" "Randy is 6 on thursday" yeah kinda stings, but they sure are cute!
Just got caught up on Simon's birth story - you are an amazing mama! I'm proud of you for the decision you made to go with the C-section and I'm sure it was the right one. I'm so grateful he's healthy and growing and that your kids are being so good to him!
I totally understand what you mean about every pregnancy being different. I'm 9 weeks and have barely been sick at all! However, I'm about to take my first progesterone pill (I've never had it low before, but my sister did on every pg) and I'm worried about the side effects. I should be able to stop taking it by 13 weeks (hopefully).
Anyway, thank you for blogging and posting your pictures. I'm hoping to start again soon myself!
Love, Heather
Simon is DARLING! And definitely a WECKER! Your family is growing! ;)
Post a Comment