Well, once I had finished the flower girl and ringbearer projects, I thought all I had to do left was throw Kristen a bridal shower and I'd be off the hook until the wedding. I was wrong.
Kristen had purchased a wishing well on Amazon for real cheap. And when it came in the mail and she put it together... well, it looked worse than real cheap. It looked awful.
Not being the "crafty" sister (I keep telling her that she just needs to practice, just like anything else you want to be good at), she asked for my help to make it better.
Of course, I couldn't say no. But once I finally got a look at the thing I didn't even know where to start. Take a look for yourselves:
Pretty tacky, no?
Anyway, at least Kristen told me about the project before I left California, so I packed up an armory of craft supplies and brought them out to Utah so I could hopefully help the sad, cardboard box.
Well, after some sawing, spray painting, hot gluing, cutting and a half jar of Mod Podge later, we came up with this (thank you thank you thank you Chelsie for all you awesome help!):
I tiled the roof and covered all the seams. Even just doing that made it look a million times better. Then we made it look prettier and gave it some movement.
I hope Kristen and Keith got a ton of moolah in it. They're trying to buy a house.
Doing this project, I have absolutely fallen in love with Mod Podge. I mean, I liked it well enough before. It was fun and is multi-purpose. But I found it's true purpose in this project. I am now a die hard fan.
In fact, my next big project (that has nothing to do with weddings!) that I'm really excited about, uses it, too. Stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment