Thursday, October 7, 2010

Funny Stories

I've got two funny little stories. Both of them involve The Mose. That boy has been getting a lot of press lately, hasn't he?

Story #1

I wasn't feeling very well yesterday. Joseph came home from work as soon as he could to help out and give me a break. When he walked into our bedroom, he greeted me with, "Hey sickie."

Moses, who happened to be in the room, replied, "She's not 'sickie!' She's 'Yuki.'"

This is coming from the boy who, when asked, "Why are you so cute/sweet/handsome, etc?" responds with, "Because I am so cute/sweet/handsome!"

Story #2

This afternoon, like every afternoon, we walked to school to pick up Akiko. While we wait for the bell to ring, I allow Moses to play on the kindergarten's playground equipment. I sat there watching him with Asher in my lap and, of course, in the two seconds I took to look down at Asher and smile, Moses bumped his mouth and his cry rang out across the courtyard.

I walked over to the playground to meet my crying Moses and proceeded to escort him back to the table where I had been sitting so I could get a better look to assess the damage.

On our way back to the table, we passed over a hopscotch court. Moses, still wailing and crying, "My mouth hurts!" proceeded to hop with his feet over the hopscotch squares: 2-1-2-1-1-1. Once we had passed over the court everybody who was there waiting to pick up their kids started laughing. I mean, how could you not laugh at that?
Oh, how I love that silly boy!!

No comments: