Monday, October 8, 2012

Utah, Again

I'd like to blog more right now. I'm constantly thinking of quips to write about, but lately, I've had little time to do any blogging.

I mean, I've got every excuse, right? I've got one kid in school full time, another in preschool part-time, a two year-old (nuff said), and an infant (again, nuff said). Primary program is in two weeks. A big change is coming (more on that later). Halloween is getting nearer. On top of it all is just the general day to day tasks: laundry, dishes, meals, grocery shopping, etc. Then, of course, we have to throw in a bonus trip to Utah in the middle of it all.

Joseph's sister, Megan, and her husband, Josh, and their brand new baby girl, June, went through the temple on Josh and Megan's first anniversary and got sealed together.



It was a sweet ceremony. I cried. There were so many parallels to my wedding and sealing, I could not help but reminisce. It was also an opportunity to strengthen my testimony regarding my eternal family.

Josh and Megan also decided to bless baby June, since nearly everyone in Joseph and Megan's family were out for the festivities from Maui and California (except Wayne, who just couldn't make it out, and Jake, who has the lamest I'm on a mission in the Philippines excuse ever... j/k).



It was a quick trip, full of family fun. To my friends, I'm sorry. If I'd had more time, I would have called, but we were so booked the whole time.

While we were in Utah, we:

met sweet, ten day-old baby June,

got a picture with Grandpa Dave and some of his grandkids
(while straight-faced Simon punches June),

added another cute grandkid to the picture,

let my brother and his family meet Simon while we...

... celebrated my sister getting one year older and closer to death,

while Simon received some Kristen love,

crashed at Grandma Sachiko's house while she was visiting her family in Japan,
so we took care of Grandpa Larry and the kids got to meet their long lost Aunt Kellie,

partied the way only a Mormon can party,

spent the day with Grandpa Fred and bought ice cream from the truck at the park,

hung out with this old lady,

finally had Joseph on a trip with us,

hung out with our Maui family while Simon punches Joseph,

got some Auntie Hannah love,

and some Kailee love, too.
It was so fun to see nearly everyone in Joseph's family. We also got family pictures done, which I will post later. It was also soooooo nice having Joseph there with us for this trip. It's so much easier with him around.

We love you family!!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Yuki! You are beautiful in those pictures!! :) :) And your family is growing so fast! I'm glad to see you are doing well. :)