HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY PAPA!! We send kisses from California.
Now, on to the post--
The cat is out of the bag at church. We're moving.
We've been in this house for three years. It's the longest we've ever been in one place since we got married over eight years ago. Half of our kids have been born while we've lived here. As much as I dislike some things about our house, there are still many more things I love about it. But it's really not our house and I've always known this place was temporary. Still, it's sad to have to leave it. We've all got tons of friends we're leaving behind.
I got released from the Primary presidency last Sunday, but I'm still helping with the program this Sunday. It's going to feel really weird going back to adult Sunday school classes and Relief Society. I may still just hang out in Primary for our last couple of weeks in the ward.
So, where are we going? Well, we are moving up to northern, northern California. We'll be renting a huge Victorian house in a little town on the Lost Coast, just south of Eureka. Joseph will continue to work for the same company and telecommute.
Why are we moving? We just feel like that's where we need to be. Besides, rent is way cheaper and we'll be able to save to buy a house a lot faster. There will be more room for the kids to roam; Akiko and Moses will both get their own rooms at our new place. School is still a couple blocks away for both kids.
I'm not sure how often I'll be posting in the next month or so. We move in three weeks and there's a ton of stuff to do. Then, once we get there, it may take me a bit to figure out how to get internet.
I bought a moving kit at Costco the other day:
Who in the world is that happy while they pack? And I love how the lady is doing all the work, while the dude is chillin' with his mug of
I haven't even started packing. I hate it. It's such an overwhelming task to me, I'm procrastinating. I have done a little organizing here and there. I'm also using the "I'm really too super busy with the Primary program to have to deal with packing right now" excuse. In reality, there's not a whole lot left to do, I mean that I have to do, except be there and help direct.
Well, that's all I've got for now.
4 comments:
I'm busy second hour, but I'd love to have you come sit by me in Relief Society your last few weeks!
What an exciting change! The process will be hard, especially with 4 kids. I wish I was there to help you! I am excited for you, though. :) It'll be great!
She is so gleeful because it's that guy's stuff she is packing up. He just thinks it's funny that she thinks it's so funny. Little does he know.
Good luck with moving! I know the ward will miss you. Definitely know what you mean with getting a bigger place and saving money. We are loving living in Utah for that reason. Glad you have the opportunity too!
Post a Comment