Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Preschool - Year 2, Day 1

Moses started preschool this morning. He's been so excited. He has asked me every day since Akiko started, "When is it my turn to start school?" Today was finally the day!

Look at how grown up this boy is getting!

Super excited!

We had kind of a hectic morning. Akiko was barely late to school (partly our fault, partly hers). Then I had to drive our friends to the airport. Then we took Moses to school. I was worried we'd get stuck in traffic and be late since it was rush hour. Though traffic was heavy, it was moving and we actually got to school with five minutes to spare.

We waited in the car for a couple minutes. I let Moses unbuckle from the back seat and sit in the front seat while we waited. I checked my email. When I looked over at Moses, he was bouncing in his seat with anticipation. "Okay, Moses. Let's get out of the car." He bolted. "Wait Mose! I still have to get the baby!"

Almost the first one in the door.

I couldn't even get him to stand still for a picture.
Moses told me he made friends at school already. I was happy for him. I wonder, though, how he'll react when he finds out that all the kids in his preschool class are also at church. They all just happen to be in the Sunbeam classes.

I finally cornered him and made him pose for a moment on his rug.

Ready to learn.

it is me moses thes es mi frst day ev pres sgool
My kids get really excited when they see me writing blog posts about them and they really want to write, too.

Anyway, Asher was up really late the night before and was actually still asleep when it was time to go. This is unusual. He's usually the first one up at the crack of dawn. Joseph stayed home with Asher while I took everyone to their destinations. Joseph told me when I got home that Asher was so upset when he found out that everyone was gone but him. Poor kid kept asking for Moses the whole two hours that Moses was at school. He was so excited to go pick him up.

Happy first day of school, Moses!!

In other school news, Akiko told me today that she and another boy in her class are the best readers. She says that there are twelve reading levels. Most of the kids are starting on level one. She and this other boy are starting on level ten. I'm so proud of her.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I'm glad that he's excited. I was a little worried that it would be a bit boring for him, hanging out with kids who don't even know how to read. On the other hand, his cousin Hamad had his first crush at pre-school... we heard about the beautiful Natasha every day.