Friday, September 7, 2012

Memory Lane

Akiko and I spent an afternoon taking a stroll down Grandpa Fred's memory lane.

I got a negative and slide converter for my birthday a couple years ago and, while it was something I really wanted and was really excited for, I hadn't used it much. Once, when I was in Utah, I convinced my dad to give me all of his slides from his mission so that I could convert them to digital. I finally got around to getting that project off my plate.

Akiko helped me. We had a lot of fun. She had a lot of questions that I couldn't answer. All these pictures were about ten years older than I was. Grandpa Fred, be prepared to answer them if she asks next time we see you.

Once we figured out how to work everything and got our rhythm, the conversion went really quickly. Now I want to go through all our things and find as many negatives that I can find and convert them all and post them on FB so all my friends can reminisce with me. Maybe when I give the slides back to my dad, I'll trade those ones for any negatives he may have.

Anyway, my dad went to Japan on his mission. I love that country. So now, please enjoy some beautiful pictures of that beautiful country that my dad took.














Now, those are real vintage. Not an Instagram effect. Not that I have anything against Instagram or anything. There's just something so nostalgic about 35mm film that digital effects can't duplicate.

1 comment:

Brady Bunch, Iowa said...

That is very cool! I love that you did this. Very neat