Summer vacation is over. 2nd grade has begun.
I had the forethought to ask Akiko what she wanted for breakfast last week. She wanted cinnamon rolls. I obliged. (Cinnabon clone recipe ==>
here.)
After breakfast, Joseph gave her the traditional first day of school father's blessing. Then we all got ready for the traditional family walk to school.
 |
| Why, yes, that is a Hello Kitty suitcase that Asher is dragging along. |
 |
| So excited for school. |
 |
This kid loves pulling suitcases. He has his own, but it's not completely unpacked from our trip yet, so he brought the old empty one we don't use anymore. |
 |
Joseph felt like Asher was slowing us down, so he gave him a ride. Asher, however, refused to let go of the suitcase. |
The first day of school is always a little chaotic at the school. No one quite knows where to go. You don't know what the teacher looks like. All the other parents are there, too. But we found out where to go and sent Akiko off.
Moses doesn't really like having Akiko in school all day, but he does have his own preschool to look forward to in a couple weeks.
So, Moses misses the deadline by 5 days. Most of his friends started kindergarten today (or earlier this week). He's still got a year of preschool. He's really excited.
Now, I present the outtakes, because they're just so darn funny:
 |
| Maybe it was too early. I mean, I hadn't even brushed her hair yet. |
 |
| Akiko looks cute in this one, but Asher stole the show. |
 |
| That's better, but then I realized I needed to brush her hair at this point. |
 |
| My cute kids, first thing in the morning, eagerly awaiting breakfast. |
 |
| "Cheese!" |
The pre-flash for red eye reduction kept making Akiko blink in the pictures.
 |
| "Whoops, Aki. You're eyes are closed." |
 |
| "Oh, Aki. You blinked again. Try to keep your eyes open, okay?" |
 |
| Yes, that's one way to do it. |
Asher loves getting his picture taken lately.
 |
| "Mommy? Cheese?" |
 |
| "Cheese!" |
Well, it will be nice having a routine again. But I am going to miss sleeping in.
No comments:
Post a Comment