I wanted to do a quick birthday post for him, but yesterday was jam-packed and I couldn't find the time.
The day started late. All four kids climbed into bed with Joseph and me so we could snuggle and sing to Asher. He didn't like the singing. After I got out of bed, I made cookies for our hike. Then the house got cleaned up a bit.
Soon afterwards, I took one eight year old, three seven year olds, two six year olds, one three year old, one two year old, and one two month old on a hike. It was my turn to host summer camp and that was our activity. Thank heavens my friend Angela came along on the hike with me. Two of the kids were hers, three were mine. Our four year olds were at someone else's house for camp.
Once I dropped off the kids and got home, I baked cupcakes and prepped pizza dough for dinner. Once the dough was ready, we made pizza, ate said pizza, sang to Asher, ate cupcakes, opened presents, attempted to Skype with my sister, watched a movie, and let the kids have a sleepover in the living room because it was Hannah's last night with us.
See? Jam-packed. No time to blog.
But I guess this means you get to enjoy the meager amount of pictures I managed to snap of our intimate festivities. No huge party or anything. I just don't have the time right now. But I did try to make the busy day as special as I could for Asher. This weekend, we'll take him on the train ride, like we did last year. Thanks to everyone who sent presents!
| Sprinkling his cheese. |
| Akiko and Moses really loved making their own pizzas. |
| One for me. One for you. |
| Of course, he just eats the frosting off the top. |
| Most of the birthday presents came in fancy wrapped packages from Utah. |
| Thanks for the Mega Blocks, Kristen!! |
I had not given him permission. The little stinker put a stool in front of the stove and snagged one. I suppose one of the older kids (probably Akiko) unwrapped it for him. But it is okay, because it was his birthday. I'll let it slide. I do wish they'd asked my permission, though.
I sure love Asher. He's a bundle of fun; so goofy and silly all the time. He's so sweet with Simon. He loves to snuggle and read his Thomas book. He loves to watch me cook in the kitchen and sometimes I let him stir. It's really fun to watch him play Fruit Ninja on Kinect.
I'm so glad he's part of our family.
Happy Birthday Asher "Crasher"!!
2 comments:
Hooray for Asher! He's getting to be a big kid.
2 already? wow Happy Birthday Asher!
Post a Comment