Joseph and I both grew up doing a lot of camping, so it's something that we both really enjoy. Unfortunately, since we've been married, we haven't gone on a whole lot of camping trips, so our kids haven't had a whole lot of experience out in the wilderness. Hannah hasn't had much experience camping either.
Last week, I got around to getting the rest of the gear we needed for camping, packed up the car, the kids, and the gear, and drove up to the Redwood National and State Parks. Joseph, just being back at work from his paternity leave, didn't feel good about taking time off work and stayed behind.
We haven't been camping since right before we moved to California, nearly three years ago, so this was Asher's and Simon's first time camping ever. For Akiko and Moses, this was only their second time. Sad, I know. But now that we've finally got all the essential gear, we'll go camping much more often.
The Redwood Parks are absolutely gorgeous. There's nothing like a forest of giant trees to make you feel quite insignificant. They are magnificent. It was green and beautiful all around us.
I'm going to share our pictures now. Just keep in mind that the
kids apparently asked for my permission to play with the camera while I
was distracted and I gave it to them. Very sneaky of them.
And now pictures of us:
 |
| Asher poses for the camera. |
 |
| Many of our neighbors told me I was brave bringing such a tiny guy out camping. If they only knew I was sans husband... |
 |
| My babies and me, roughing it. |
 |
| Akiko examines and protects a millipede. |
I like this series of Asher pictures because they show his personality pretty well. I am not responsible for taking them.
 |
| The stink-eye. |
 |
| The Law of Asher: An Asher in motion will stay in motion, unless an equal and opposite force acts upon him. |
 |
| Distracto-ray! |
 |
| I really like this picture, mostly because my kids are sitting in their birth order and, with the exception of sleepy Simon, they're all looking at the camera. |
 |
| The fire pit fascinated the kids. |
We had tons of exhausting fun. I'm so glad Hannah was there to help me with Simon and corral Asher. We caught Asher walking alone down the road a couple times. Little stinker.
On the way home, I decided to take Hannah across the Golden Gate Bridge one more time, just for fun (and it also happened to be the most direct route home). Just a couple miles north, in Sausalito, it was gorgeous and sunny, but once we got stuck in traffic near the tunnel, it got overcast, cold, and extremely foggy. The temperature dropped almost 20°. It was incredible. You could hardly see the bridge.
 |
| Barely on the bridge. |
It stayed foggy until just south of Millbrae. When we got back to Sunnyvale, it was gorgeous, sunny, and warm again. Oh, Bay area weather!
2 comments:
Are you for reals, Wonder Woman? I never would have dared! Good for you.
You are a tough lady! I love the fog over the bridge! pretty pretty!
Post a Comment