If you were reading my blog
this time last year, you may remember a rather embarrassing Valentine that Akiko helped Moses make for his preschool class. I'm still so glad I checked before I sent Moses to preschool with them.
 |
| "Wer takeg a sawr." --> "We're taking a shower." |
This year I decided to play it safe and went back to my "old reliable" card. Since Moses is taking a year off from preschool, only Akiko had to make Valentines this year. She was much more involved in the process this year.
Akiko started tracing my template, but since it's flimsy cardstock she was having trouble with it. I finished tracing for her. She cut out all the hearts (which I only had to trim a small handful). I made the slits with the exacto knife. She did all the stamping. I made the arrowheads and the fletching. She adhered them to the candy.
Here are the finished cards for her class:
In years past, I purchased Tootsie pops and tied the stem with a ribbon. I decided to make Pixy Stix arrows this year instead, an idea I may or may not have seen on Pinterest, but I'm really not sure.
I think they turned out really cute and Akiko was so proud of all her work. I'm really proud of her, too. I look forward to the day when she thinks up her own idea for Valentines to send out. We had a lot of fun working on this quick project together.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment