Friday, August 12, 2011

Toothleth, or The Lithp

I promise I'm not going to blog about each and every tooth that Akiko looses, but I am going to blog about this one.


See that giant gap in the front there? Akiko lost her first front tooth and the other one is a few weeks behind.

I'm really only blogging about this one because I think the two front teeth, when they go missing, is just the cutest thing about this age group.

We were eating pizza for dinner last night and Akiko was having a tough time of it trying to take her bites with the side of her mouth. Suddenly, Akiko sprang out of her chair and ran to the bathroom, or so I thought. Then I heard her scream. Thinking it was a spider or something, I ran to her to help her out. I found her in front of the mirror gaping at her mouth.

Her tooth had rotated 180°, so the back was facing front, and then twisted 90° on its side. It looked really weird. It was also kind of jammed in there. There was no way she could finish dinner. I made Joseph yank it out.

I'm super excited about this because she is going to have THE cutest first grade picture, especially if her other tooth falls out in the next couple weeks. She is also now talking with a lisp, which is darling, and, thank heavens, temporary. She thinks she sounds weird. I think it's just cute. You should hear her try to say "Moses" now.

Speaking of school, the summer is almost over. She goes back in two weeks! Whaaat?

I've meant to blog about all our individual adventures over the summer, but that takes a lot of time, so I think it'll just end up being a recap post after Akiko goes back to school. We have had a lot of fun though.

1 comment:

Brady Bunch, Iowa said...

The first one is always the most exciting. I was at work, working late nights at the post office, when Morgan lost her first tooth. It was so exciting.