Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Baptism

My sweet little Akiko got baptized yesterday. It was a proud and spiritual moment for me (and for her, too, of course).

In fact, now that I'm sitting here writing this post, I feel like a lot of what I want to say needs to go in my personal journal rather than on my public blog. But I can share a bit with you.

I didn't get to take many pictures. I was running around a whole bunch, making sure everything was ready and set and then, when it was done, I just wanted to hang out and chat with my friends. Besides, Akiko ran off with her friends or was commandeered by my dad, but I can share what I've got and maybe my dad or my sister or anyone else who took pictures can send what they've got.

This weekend was very special for her. Her Grandpa and Grandma Wecker were able to fly over from Maui, and Grandpa Fred and Kristen drove out from Salt Lake. We wish more of our family could have come, but we understand why they couldn't. Akiko's best friend and her family drove up from Sunnyvale for the weekend, and we also have some dear friends that live 45 minutes away that came and joined us. And of course, our ward family was there, too.

I put a lot of time into planning, organizing, baking, and sewing the last month or so. Now that it's all over I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my time. I'm sure I'll find something to fill it, but for now, there is a void. I'm sure you all know the feeling.

Anyway, on to the pictures, because I suddenly have nothing else to say publicly.

I french braided pigtails and coiled them together into a bun so her hair wouldn't fly up.

BFF from Sunnyvale came to visit us!

Akiko and her daddy. I love these two!

I had them pose like this because it reminds me of another picture I took a long time ago.

My, how she has grown. (May 2007)

My, how lovely she keeps getting.
And this is how she started. (Stolen from Jesse)
I love you Akiko!!

2 comments:

Brady Bunch, Iowa said...

Congratulations on your Baptism! Yuki, I felt so much from reading your heart felt "too much is too personal for a public post" as I too felt the same way. Morgan was baptized almost 2 years ago and here I am feeling the same amazing feeling when I gathered her in my arms after she came out of the water. She was just radiating the spirit from her! What an amazing feeling! She was so scared to go under the water and I was so proud of her for doing so. What a beautiful young lady she is turning out to be!

Angie said...

Congratulations Akiko! You looked so lovely. I'm glad you had so many friends and family there to show support in your righteous decision to join the Church.

Yuki, take a break! You worked so hard leading up to this. Now just sit down and relax for a bit, sister! Love ya! (I loved her hairstyle, by the way.)