Wednesday, June 15, 2011

School's Thisclose to Being Out!

Seriously, who gets out of school in the middle of June? Everyone else we know has been out of school for a week or two. Akiko still has one more day. Tomorrow is her kindergarten graduation, so keep your eyes peeled for that post.

Anyway, today the kindergarten classes went on a field trip to the park and I was able to chaperone. I haven't been able to on any of the other field trips they have taken because I've got two other little ones in tow and have been disallowed to take part in them. So, when Akiko's teacher said I'd be able to, I jumped at the chance.

It was a lot of fun. We just walked to the park, but it was all five of the kindergarten classes, so there were about one hundred kids there.

Walking to the park. I was a little late, so I brought up the rear.
One of the teachers brought along a bunch of recess equipment: stilts, jump ropes, chalk and bubbles. The kids had a lot of things to choose from besides the regular playground fare.

Akiko demonstrates the stilts.

Asher demonstrates his one-handed Mowgli crawl.

This picture is just to show that Moses was there, too. He ran off and did his own thing the whole time we were there.

Yo homie! What up?

Rethinking the decision to put this one up.

Asher is the unofficial "class baby." All the kids in Akiko's class fawn over him. Especially this sweet boy and another little girl (three pics down). They are his biggest fans.

We were both disappointed that this bubble wand didn't give us star-shaped bubbles.

Akiko posing with her BFF.

Bubbles!! My bubbles.

Asher with his other #1 fan.

Aren't bubbles awesome?

"Whoa! Akiko, how did you do that?"

I tried to keep him away, but finally had to relent and let him play in the wood chips and sand.

Showing off his standing skills.

Building sand castles.

Sand goes in...

... octopus comes out.

Playing with the parachute with Mrs. P.

Wheeee!! Swinging is fun!
So, I'm super excited for summer this year. Last year was kind of a bust for me. We were still new enough to the area that I didn't have a clue what to do around here. I was also extremely pregnant and then I had a newborn and no energy.

Akiko has only nine short weeks off of school (what?), so I've compiled a list of nine things (out of dozens of other fun choices) that we're going to do once a week every week of summer. This is in addition to our summer camp group that we have planned for a few of the weeks. I also plan on spending a fair amount of time at the pool.

So, here's to looking forward to Akiko's first official summer break. I'm totally stoked about the whole sleeping in thing, too.

2 comments:

Dirt On The Rocks said...

congrats to your little one for graduating kinder! i can't wait til my son is in school, but that won't be for a while.

your children are beautiful :)

Angie said...

Here, here! Nine weeks of sleeping in! Star-shaped bubbles would have rocked.