Thursday, March 31, 2011

Honor Roll

Let it be known that Akiko has made the "'A' Honor Roll" in her class for winter term.

So, yeah, it's only kindergarten. I mean, I remember I had straight A's in kindergarten, too. But still, we're really proud of her and all her hard work.

So, being on the honor roll means that she's excelling in both reading and math. Some kids got certificates for just reading or just math. Some got certificates for "special recognition," whatever that is. Some got certificates for perfect attendance.

Everyone is different. No two people are not on fire.

Tee hee. That last paragraph I wrote reminded me of good ol' Strongbad.

Anyway, Akiko was the only one in her class to get honor roll.

Remember a few weeks ago she was having a hard time at school? Well, it was one of those times that steam needed to be let off because at the time it was so hard to watch Akiko have such a hard time and not want to go to school.

So, what had happened was her teacher was out of town for a while and was sick the first day she was supposed to be back. That day, the kids had a bad substitute. Then, a couple days later, I left to go to Utah for a week and a half and left her home with her daddy. She missed her brothers and me terribly.

So, I think it was just that her routine was thrown off. Things are great now and she looks forward to school every morning.

Spirit Week - Crazy Hair/Hat Day
And to end, I got my new phone this morning! Number's the same.

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Way to go Akiko! You were here???? Next time you come we need to get together!

Yukiko said...

Yeah, I was there first week in February, but my sister kept me too busy with wedding stuff. We'll be there the second week in May for the wedding (which is on the 13th). I'd love to get together with you and our kids! Send me your phone number on FB or something.