The other day, Asher was awake and happy, so we brought him out and laid him on the floor for the older kids to enjoy. They enjoyed each other for a while, but then Akiko suddenly got concerned about Asher's safety.
With such a small baby on such a large expanse of carpet, what if someone was walking along and didn't see him and ended up stepping on and hurting the baby? She quickly came up with a solution: build up something larger, and therefore more visible, around the baby and he will be less likely to be tromped upon.
So, construction began. She grabbed anything she could find within reasonable reach. She ended up with a pack of baby wipes, her stuffed pony Al, a miniature Powerpuff Girls mug, a miniature sequined, feather-topped pen, and wooden building blocks. Asher was pretty excited to look at his new surroundings. He started kicking really hard and almost got his other sock off.
Moses also jumped in to offer his help, though Akiko felt he was more of a hindrance. She felt like she had everything already under control.
I really love how Akiko dotes on Asher. She's been a wonderful helper since he's been part of our family. She wanted a sister, but knew that she might get another brother, and after she met Asher at the hospital, she told me, "I really wanted a sister, but it's okay that I have another brother because he's soooo cute."
And now for something completely different...
So, it seems my video tests worked out alright. I haven't heard any feedback from anyone, but it works on my computer. I mentioned that I had a bunch of videos of the kids falling asleep while eating. We've got about three of Akiko and one of Moses that I can think of off the top of my head. Well, I've got some stills, too. This just happened less than two weeks ago.
We were all just sitting around the table eating. Moses was part of the conversation and everything. We didn't even notice he'd fallen asleep until we were done and started cleaning up.
It's too cute not to share.




3 comments:
that is so cute. i love it!
maddy has never fallen asleep doing anything, she'll barely sleep in her bed! your kids seem so sweet!
That is so funny - my kids will never do that. . .
Oh my goodness we are related!!! THat is hilarious!!!! I've never seen another kid fall asleep like this, it must be a Brady thing!!
Post a Comment