Friday, March 29, 2013

Character Matters

Akiko is so lucky. Since, she's in a 2nd/3rd split class, she and the rest of the 2nd graders in her class got to participate in the annual 3rd grade play this year.

The play was called Character Matters. It took a bunch of fairy tale characters, who were all attending some kind of fairy tale characters anonymous meeting, each story stated its problem, and a song was sung to resolve said problem. It was cute. The did a great job over all.

Stage makeup applied.

Poses with Moses.
Akiko played one of Red Riding Hood's forest friends. They gave all the main parts to the third graders, but a handful of second graders got some small lines. Akiko had two lines. She delivered them really well.

Squirrel!
Opening song

The wolf is bullying Red and he ate her grandma.

Akiko has developed a pretty good singing voice and I was able to pick hers out from among everyone else's.
I'm really proud of Akiko. Being on stage seemed to come very naturally to her. I hate saying things like, "My daughter was way better than all the other kids," but she really was one of the better kids on stage. The other kids that I thought were really good, were Humpty Dumpty, two of the princesses, Baby Bear, and one of the magic mirrors.

Akiko had a lot of fun and she's really looking forward to participating in it again next year. Lucky girl!

No comments: