Anyway, this year's Valentines was a Pinerest idea. I was surprised at the lack of adorable ideas that the kids could help me with. There were tons of cute things, but most of them were too advanced for my young ones. So, we did these, and they turned out nice:
I really, really wish I had a Cricut or a Silhouette. Cutting out all those little hearts by hand was rather tedious, but Akiko was really into it. Moses had no interest in helping, but he did write his name on most of his Valentines.
So, I worked on these mostly on Monday and Tuesday. But then Wednesday morning I realized that Moses was having his party that day at school, since he doesn't attend on Thursdays. So, I had to rush to finish his after I made the kids' lunches. He was late for school, but only by about ten minutes.
Akiko was funny. Instead of just going straight down her list (thank heavens their teachers provided us with lists!), she did people in order of her most favorite friends to the people she wasn't such good friends with.
The kids had a lot of fun traipsing to school with their little basket full of goodies. And they came back with a motherload of candy. I was glad to see that I, for once, was not the only one who made homemade Valentines this year.
I don't have a whole lot to add for now. Today has been a crazy day. So, I'll just leave you with some cute pictures of my babies taking a bath. That will cheer anyone up, right?
| Simon loves bath time. |
| Asher also loves baths again after a period of hating them. His favorite thing to do is turn Simon into a bubble monster. |
1 comment:
Hooray! You're back and the kids are still adorable!
Post a Comment