I took a cue from Andy's mom from Toy Story and threw him an early birthday party before we move.
Moses wanted a Lego party, but me being the sneaky mom, I convinced him that a Halloween cookie decorating party would be way more fun (and much less planning for me). And it was!
When I was done inputing all the email addresses for the evite, I realized I had invited almost 20 families! All I wanted to do was invite the kids from Moses' CTR and preschool classes, but his preschool class consists of almost all the sunbeams in our ward, too. They're both huge classes.
I did have the brilliant idea to invite parents and siblings, too, so even though that meant more kids, it also meant more adults to help out. Sometimes I have really awesome ideas, and that was one of them. All in all we had 10 adults and 24 kids at the party.
| Big crowd. Little table. |
| A bird's eye view of the cookie madness. |
| Working hard. |
| Check out that concentration. |
| The Hallow-winners! |
| Check out those white chocolate fangs! |
I asked her to make a Lego cake for Moses, since that's what he really wanted, so I drew out a plan for Kim, and she produced this perfectly adorable masterpiece:
| The nubs are Oreos covered in fondant. |
I'm glad I was able to do this for Moses. He's such a special little man in my life. I love him so much. I'm probably not going to be able to do the traditional birthday blog on his actual birthday. We move on Wednesday.
So, Moses, my wonderful biggest boy, Happy 5th Birthday. I love you to the end of the universe and back!
1 comment:
Hooray for Moses!
Post a Comment