Quick story: On the morning of our anniversary last Thursday, Akiko asked Joseph to wake her up early so she could make us breakfast in bed. So, Joseph woke her up, but she was so tired because it was so much earlier than she was used to. She had to ask Joseph to make her breakfast first, in order to wake her up more, so she could send him back to bed and make frozen waffles for us. Isn't she the sweetest silliest thing?
I'm really glad Joseph was able to take paternity leave. I'm really glad we live in a state that mandates it and that Joseph works for an awesome company that allowed him to take the full time off. They even sent us a bunch of barbecue meat as a congratulatory baby present. It was tasty and we found out the kids really like sausage and ribs.
I'm still not on my own with the four kids, though, thank heavens. We flew Joseph's little sister in from Maui for a few weeks. We'd keep her here the whole summer if we could, but she's got prior obligations that she needs to be back on the island for.
This week is Akiko's last week of school. She gets out on Thursday. Late, I know. I think we're out later than everyone else in the country. So, we've just kind of been sitting around waiting for her school to end so we can kick off our summer.
I've got lots of things planned, and I hope we'll be able to accomplish most of them. We've got our summer camp co-op scheduled. I plan on taking the kids to a pool and on a hike at least once a week. I've also got one major outing (Jelly Belly factory, zoo, a day in San Fran, etc.) planned for every week.
I'm not sure how I'm going to pull it all off with the baby in tow, but the thought of sitting around in our sauna of a house all summer really bums me out. Actually, it practically makes me start sweating just thinking about it. Yuck!
I mostly just want to create fun memories for the kids, too. That's what summer is about, right?
I honestly don't know how often I'll be posting during the summer or if it's going to end up being one of those giganto recap posts when school starts up again in August. We'll see.
Anyway, I don't have much to say, so I'll just leave you all with a few pictures I've taken of mostly the baby in the last little while. You can see for yourself how much he's grown (and gotten cuter).
Asher and I were alone at home with the baby, so we played with him on the floor. Well, Asher played with him while I took pictures.
| I just think Asher looks cute in this picture and thought I'd share it. |
| Doesn't this melt your heart? |
| If that isn't a mischievous glint in his eye, I don't know what is. |
| Trying to turn. I told him it's too soon. Simon concurred. |
| Sticking out his tongue at us. Silly boy! |
| See how much he's grown (i.e. gotten chubblier) in one short month? |
| Play time with daddy. |
3 comments:
He is getting so big!! I love this little itty bitty stage. You are so lucky to have Joseph home so long! I got afternoons with Mike. He was so new at his job here that he didn't have any time off after we had Sydney. But the Manager okayed, he work half days, pick up Morgan and be home for a week. It was hard we didn't, or anyone didn't, have the funds to get up to help us. Congratulations on the beautiful babies you have!
Thanks, Kellie!
Don't even get me started on the lack of parental leave in this country. One of the reasons I love California is that they mandate it. Up to six weeks with at least 55% pay for both parents. Of course, it's up to the company if they want to pay you more than that, but they have to offer at least that.
When I was born, dad was at a cocktail party (they wouldn't let him in the delivery room anyway) and then he left for his job in Japan. My mother was left with a newborn baby, four other kids and a house to pack up. Dad did meet us at the airport when we finally arrived in Japan three months later.
Post a Comment