Let's get down to business then, shall we?
Most Fruitful Yuki has returned!!
![]() |
| This is from the 2007 movie Juno. |
Some of you know the reason for my wariness, but for those of you who don't, let me explain.
Almost three years ago I had two miscarriages in a row. The first was lost at six weeks. The second was lost at 12. I had announced both pregnancies on Facebook. Then, I had to announce that we had lost them. It was horrible.
I felt very loved and appreciated all the condolences that were sent my way by my friends, but really felt the need to grieve on my own with those that were closest to me.
My paranoia or superstition was so great for me that I didn't announce our pregnancy with Asher until I was eight months along and had started this blog. I had found out I was pregnant with him just a few days after we had moved to California, so none of my Utah friends knew until then, or didn't know at all until after Asher was born. I didn't even tell my new friends in California, with maybe one or two exceptions, until it was obvious I was expecting and they would ask.
Again, I really hope I'm not screwing things up by telling you all about this, at the same time, it's been very hard not saying something about it as we've had our adventures the last few months. That explains my procrastination and lack of motivation and general feeling of malaise.
I'm feeling much better now. (Ok, did anyone else suddenly think "Bring out your dead!"?) The morning sickness and ultimate fatigue passed just before Thanksgiving. I have felt the baby move, but not very much or very often. He seems very mellow, like Moses was/is. My energy is higher, and my belly is just starting to get in the way, but it's not too bad for now. I really do enjoy the second trimester.
Akiko is disappointed that she's not getting a sister. Frankly, so am I, but I do love my boys and the energy and spunk they bring into our house. We will have another daughter someday. I just think this is Heavenly Father's way of getting us to have more kids. I was able to put a positive spin on Akiko's disappointment when I told her that she'll get her own bedroom in a year or so. She perked up a lot when I mentioned that.
I am excited to see what this little boy will bring to our table (not literally). Moses and Asher have such different looks and different personalities from each other, I can't help but wonder if this little boy will end up being like either of them, a mix, or nothing like them at all.
I promise to try not to complain too much on here, especially once I enter the dreaded third trimester. We can't wait to meet our son!
PS: We already have a name picked out, but I'm going to keep you all in suspense until he's born. Mwahahahaha!

6 comments:
!!! Yea! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Congrats!
Congrats! Hope all goes well. Where did that picture come from...fruitful yuki...I can't help but laugh at that!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you all. Enjoy the ride:)
Most Fruitful Yuki is a fake Anime that was shown in the movie Juno. The movie came out right after Moses was born in late 2007. My college roommate went to the premier, where she received a MFY t-shirt. She knew I'd just given birth, so she sent it to me for Christmas. I only wear it when I'm expecting, and only at home.
Congratulations Yuki!! And I'm so very sorry for your losses.
Congratulations!
Yuki- will you email me your address so I can send you guys a Christmas card? My email is shellybrickey at yahoo dot com.
Thanks!
p.s. Just think of lots of boys as an excuse to play Legos all the time.
Post a Comment