He was a delightful 2 year old. I really don't know what anyone means when they say, "Watch out for the terrible twos!" Ok, maybe Akiko was pretty hard as a two-year old, but, in her defense, that was also a difficult year for all of us. Moses was an absolute breeze.
I'm excited to see what happens in Moses this next year. He's a super smart kid. He's the kind of kid that watches very carefully before attempting anything himself. That explains why he didn't talk till he was nearly two, but when he did start talking it was in complete sentences. Dang! That was only a year ago?
I was afraid, at first, to have a little boy. When I found out he wasn't going to be a little girl, I was disappointed. You see, before Moses came along, most little boys I'd known were rowdy little bundles of stress. Here's the catch: I wasn't their mother. I wasn't around to see when they were being sweet to their siblings and sharing, or asking politely to be excused from the table. Having a boy is awesome! Besides, someday he'll hold the priesthood. What greater blessing is that? To be the mother of a man worthy to perform and participate in the duties of the priesthood has got to be one of the proudest moments I'll ever know.
Moses is the sweetest little boy I've ever met. He's obedient a lot of times and show concern for others when he senses their distress. He idolizes his sister and adores his brother. We get compliments every week when we pick him up from nursery. Apparently, he's just about the only kid in there who actually volunteers to say prayer.
I love being Moses' mother. I love watching him grow. I love watching him learn. I love getting to know his personality. I love how his personality compliments Akiko's. I love Moses.
Happy Birthday Little Man!!!
| Moses impersonating Asher, or is it the other way around? |
2 comments:
you have such a cute family!
He is such a cute little boy! Boys are great!
Post a Comment