
I'm sure the pictures were also requested because the girls wanted to compare my belly to Emma's (Joseph's sister, for those who don't know). Emma is due five weeks after me, so that would put her at approximately 34 weeks now. So here we have a side by side comparison. I am aware that I will get no sympathy from the Emma Dorman camp. I mean, that girl's belly is huge!


In my defense, I have gained about 50 pounds. Anyone who has spent time with me when I'm not pregnant knows that I'm a skinny girl. The plus side is that everyone keeps telling me how great I look. The downside is that since I don't look as far along as I actually am, I don't get much sympathy from strangers (ex: they don't open doors or hold elevators for you).
So, there you have it. I carry small. When I was pregnant with Akiko, I bought one pair of maternity pants and hardly wore them because they ended up being too big (we bought them early in the pregnancy). I ended up spending most of that pregnancy in Joseph's old pants. There were some ladies in our ward who didn't even know I was pregnant. My doctor, much to our chagrin, ordered me to get an ultrasound when I was about 35 weeks because I was measuring small. The technician asked me why the doctor ordered it. I told him, he looked at my chart, noticed I was of Asian decent and told me that Asian women tend to carry small, especially with their first.
With Moses, I got bigger. A lot bigger compared to Akiko. I carried him lower and further out. The maternity pants I got with Akiko's pregnancy were too small. We had to go a couple sizes up.
With this one, I carried small again. So the pants I bought whilst pregnant with Moses, are too big. I just can't win. I'm really digging the full belly panel on my pants I got this time around though. They at least keep my pants on. Well, the pants in themselves are super comfortable. Unfortunately, they're the only pants I got this time so I wear them everyday. I really hate shopping for maternity clothes, especially pants. I'm going to stop the pants rant now.
Do you see now why I named my blog "Ramblings?" Some of my posts have actually had stories with them so I was able to keep things straightforward and on some sort of track. Today, I felt like blogging about something, but had no real agenda. So now everyone has witnessed my random track of mind. On the other hand, anyone who really knows me well has witnessed that first hand.
3 comments:
I love you Yuki! You are super cute pregnant!
You really do look great! You must be having a girl this time! Love you!
You are adorable pregnant!!! Are you sure you gained 50 pounds?? Where?! :) :) :)
(this is high school friend Lynette, in case you were wondering. :) )
Post a Comment