Friday, June 11, 2010

Attempt Number Two

Technically, I jumped on the blogger bandwagon a couple years ago, and I made a couple posts, but I didn't really have anything on my mind to post and I kept forgetting my login and such. I'm sure I can find the link to the old blog (<--- oh, look, there it is!), just so you can see what life was like for us a few years ago. I think it covered mostly what happened when we lived on Maui and right after that, when our son was born.

So, what makes this attempt any different? I'm still new at this, so things may change a bit before I settle on anything. I don't even know who is going to be interested enough to read this. And while I've included my husband's name in the link, I doubt he'll be making many, if any, contributions to the site.

I suppose most of the posts will have to do with our family and our adventures, especially since I'm a stay-at-home mom and my family is pretty much central to my existence. I may have some posts that are political or religious in nature simply because that's what will be on my mind. That is, indeed, why I named my blog "Ramblings." So, there's the disclaimer.

Oh, another disclaimer: our camera grew old and died a couple weeks ago when we were visiting family on Maui, so until we get a new one, any pictures posted will not necessarily be old, but they definitely won't be the latest.

So, why start now and what should I write about first? Well, I'll answer the first part of the question and hopefully the second part will come to me. I decided to start fresh, with a new blog, rather than continue the old one for a few reasons. I've already stated 1): I can't remember the login. 2): I'm taking a break from my higher education for a bit (again, ugh!). The semester ended last month and I'm suddenly faced with a bunch of free time. 3): We're having a baby in about four weeks (due July 13, this is my official internet announcement for those outside the family and the reason I'm taking a break from school) and I'm sure my family will want updates on how the family is doing because... 4): We live all alone in California while the rest of our family lives in Utah and Maui (along with the small Portland, OR chapter). Those aren't all the reasons, but they're the main ones.

Now, onto the second part...

Hmm... Well, today's inspiration was actually, my little man, Moses. Here's a pretty recent picture of him with his Uncle Jakey at Auntie Emma's wedding on Maui this last May. As you can see, the little guy is really, really cuddly. He's two and a half years old now and he is just an awesome bundle of amazingness. Well, just about every morning, after I wake up, but haven't quite got the umph! to get out of bed (it's really hard to do at 35.5 weeks pregnant), Moses will usually stagger into my bedroom and climb into bed with me to "bug bug" (tr: snuggle bug). I've got to say, that is one of my favorite parts about the day and also about being a mom.

Akiko, also did that when she was around the same age, and sometimes still does. In fact, when Akiko was two, we then lived at the Shores of Maui and we had pergo (sp?) flooring. Her bedroom was at the other end of the apartment from ours, so every morning, Joseph and I literally heard the "pitter-patter" of her little feet as she came across the apartment to climb into bed with us. I love those mornings when I get to cuddle with one or both of my kids first thing. Joseph's usually up and sometimes already gone for work, so there's plenty of room.

There are tons of reasons I love being a mom and they'll get posted one by one, but there you have my inspiration for today's post.

My goal is to do one post a week. Of course, we'll have to see how that pans out about a month from now, but I have had a lot on my mind lately that I don't mind sharing with the world. Until, next time...

No comments: